Quality, Health & Safety and Environment Policy
Storm International Pty Ltd (Storm) is a highly qualified and experienced professional cleaning and property maintenance services. Storm provides cleaning and maintenance to many reputable clientele, in a variety of environments being commercial, industrial, government and educational facilities.
Storm has over 30 years cleaning industry experience and has gained many qualifications and accolades. Our focus on tailoring the service to each client’s specific requirements and continually meeting and exceeding that standard has allowed for retention and growth.
Our professional service is also accredited to our people, their competencies and continuous training programs. We are a member of the Australian Cleaning Contractors Association (ACCA) as well as the Building Services Contractors Association of Australia (BSCAA). Storm is also a preferred supplier listed with the Department of Commerce, Catholic Education Office and Department of Education and Trainings Contract Cleaners Panel (VIC).
This policy details how Storm is committed to the management of Health & Safety AS/NZS 4801:2001 and the Environment ISO 14001:20015 and to meeting the Quality ISO 9001:2015 standards expected by our customers in the delivery of the products and services that we supply and provide to them.
Storm aspires to zero harm of our people, our contractors, our visitors and the community in which we operate. We have an overriding commitment to health & safety and environment and we will not compromise our health & safety and environmental values.
To implement this policy we shall focus on the needs of our business with particular reference to consistently meeting our customers’ requirements and statutory obligations. Our Integrated Management System will provide mechanisms for detecting system shortfalls and for stimulating process improvements. We will also adopt uniform best practices so to assist in eliminating or reducing of non-compliance and assist in the protection of workers and others health & safety and the environment and maintain confidence for Storm’s operations
Through our Integrated Management System, Storm shall manage its quality and reliability and its environmental impact and health & safety which meets or exceeds client requirements and expectations, through:
- Creating and fostering a positive health & safety and environment culture where health & safety and environment are considered to be an integral part of our business.
- Providing clear expectations to all personnel to engage and comply with our Integrated Management System;
- Systematically identifying health & safety and environmental hazards and processes, potential risks and opportunities for improvement and to assess the risks these hazards represent and then establishing methods in order to eliminate or mitigate them;
- Take all reasonable steps to;
- Minimise waste-to-landfill, greenhouse gas emissions and other pollution by applying waste management principals;
- Actively promoting and encouraging the adoption of ecologically sustainable work practice initiatives and programs within our organisation, suppliers and the general community using current technical knowledge;
- Further reduce our consumption of power, water and natural resources;
- Employ environmental considerations in purchasing decisions; and,
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders on environmental issues.
- Identifying, reporting, investigating and resolving all health & safety and environmental incidents and non-conformance with learning are actioned, implemented and shared.
- Seek continuous improvement in health & safety and environment through rigorous examination of all activities, practices and incidents.
- Meet all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and review meaningful and accurate measurable targets and objectives as well as maintaining, monitoring, reporting, reviewing and auditing to facilitate continual improvement of our Integrated Management System and communicating appropriately to our people.
- Educating and training people to continually improve awareness, skills and knowledge of quality, health & safety and environmental issues and practices.
- Effectively implement this Policy to enhance the effectiveness of the system and increase awareness through a process of consultation, communication, continual improvement and culture change and ensure it is available to the public.
- Providing suitable and sufficient resources to implement and maintain the system.
These processes are reviewed annually to ensure we are receiving constructive feedback and action changes where necessary.
Wilson Younan MD
24 October 2018
Storm International Pty Limited
Family Values, Enterprise Experience.
- +40 Years of Experience
- 100% Australian Owned